As you know, the very popular Everything DiSC® profiles (including Workplace, Sales, Management, 363 for Leaders and Work of Leaders) have previously used a 79-item assessment to generate personalized Everything DiSC profile reports.
Corexcel is excited to announce that all of the Everything DiSC profiles have been updated to Adaptive Testing (AT) and a new, more advanced, scoring algorithm. Using AT takes the already accurate DiSC system to the next level – providing you with the most precise DiSC style assignment possible.
What is Adaptive Testing (AT)?
AT is commonly used during aptitude tests or trivia games. AT provides the test taker with questions based on their previous questions and answers. This means that participants will not all receive the same survey – your assessment will be as personalized as the Everything DiSC profile itself!
AT testing works great for Everything DiSC because it will determine participants’ results during difficult situations, including:
- When participants have answered inconsistently throughout the assessment. Meaning, they rated D behavioral styles as both high and low. More investigating needs to be done to determine the right style.
- When participants score high in two DiSC styles. If a participant scores high in both a D and a C, AT will determine which is the strongest – ensuring your profile is as accurate and as personalized as possible.
What are the benefits of using AT?
The Everything DiSC profile reports will be even more specific to you, since they are collecting more information from your assessment answers. It’s no surprise that implementing the AT system will take the precise, consistent, personalized DiSC profiles to the next level.
Precision – Because the assessment questions adjust to each participant, the results will be more accurate.
Consistency – Using AT ensures that results are not only accurate, but consistent across all participants.
Personalized Feedback – Because the assessment will be more adaptive to the participant, the profile will be as well, providing an even deeper level of personalized feedback.
After much beta testing, utilizing AT showed a:
- 35% improvement of reliability scale for people who respond inconsistently,
- 12% increase in accuracy over the 79-item assessment (previously used with Everything DiSC profiles),
- 32% increase in accuracy over DiSC® Classic.
How will this affect the look of my profiles and facilitation materials?
At this time, the only profile reports that have changed are the free Everything DiSC® Supplement for Facilitators reports. Otherwise, nothing has changed. More data simply means a participant’s dot placement will become even more precise, but it isn’t something the average participant will notice.
In the future, the additional data will be used to update the Everything DiSC profiles to make them even more personalized. The next profiles in queue for updating are the Everything DiSC Workplace and Comparison Reports which should be released this year.
If you would like to be notified of updates to your existing Everything DiSC Facilitator’s Kits, make sure you have registered your kit! Contact us for help registering your facilitator’s kit.
If you have any questions regarding the Everything DiSC profiles or other products or courses, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-888-658-6641 (Monday – Friday, 9am – 5:30pm ET).
- Everything DiSC® Workplace
- Everything DiSC® Sales
- Everything DiSC® Management
- Everything DiSC® Work of Leaders
- Everything DiSC® 363 for Leaders
- Everything DiSC® Research Report NEW!
- Supplement for Facilitators Report NEW!
- Everything DiSC - Adaptive Testing FAQ NEW!
"DiSC" and "Everything DiSC" are registered trademarks of Inscape Publishing, Inc.