Where are you going? DiSC Style Activity
After determining DiSC styles in the group, the facilitator divides them into D, i, S and C groups and have them describe what trip they are taking as a group. Where are you going?
Here's what he has noticed over the past 15 years of using this exercise.
The D style:
- Usually go for a dark marker
- Go to one place for 2 weeks, conquer it!
- First class EVERYTHING
- Bullet-pointed list
- Always finish the activity first (even though its not a competition)
The i Style:
- Divide into small groups, chatting
- Those who stay focused on the task usually go for a cruise
- VIP everything!
- Multiple colored markers
- Draw pictures
- Always reference alcohol!
The S style:
- Ask for the rules again
- Choose a location for the scenery
- Main goal: Relax
- Usually mention family
- Trip will include multiple activities as to not offend anyone
The C style:
- Use a scratch piece of paper (instead of the flip chart)
- Discuss travel logistics
- Coordinate the time/schedule
- Include what they'll pack and other details about the trip
Thanks for sharing, Nick!